The Margaret Abel Scholarship Award
The purpose of the Margaret Abel Scholarship Fund is to provide grants-in-aid to assist outstanding women preparing to enter the education profession.
The award is in the amount of $1500.00 and will be awarded to one qualified individual at the DKG-NJ State Convention in New Jersey each spring.
Download the brochure here >
Criteria for the Margaret Abel Scholarship
- The applicant must be a U.S. citizen, a resident of New Jersey and enrolled in a four-year college or university in New Jersey.
- The applicant shall be a female undergraduate (junior or senior) or graduate student who has begun her professional program leading to an initial teaching certification.
- The applicant must have maintained a minimum GPA of 3.0.
The applicant shall submit the following to the Scholarship Chairperson of Delta Kappa Gamma Society International - DKG State:
- Application form (contains submission details) Download the application form here (rtf) >
- Official transcript, either printed or electronic from all colleges/universities including the cumulative grade point average, which must be a minimum of 3.0.
- Three letters of recommendation:
Two letters from professionals in education on official district or university letterhead.
One letter from a personal reference – someone who knows the candidate on a personal level and is not related to the candidate.
- A 500-word essay indicating her desire to become a teacher and the attributes which make her worthy as a recipient of this scholarship. Only the first 500 words will be counted.
- The candidate WILL NOT be considered if an incomplete application is submitted.
- Emails and text messages will not be accepted.
- No handwritten applications will be accepted.
- All application packages must be postmarked by December 15th, 2023, and received before December 30th, 2023.
- Candidates will be notified via the provided email upon receipt of the completed package.
- A candidate WILL NOT be considered if an incomplete application is submitted.