The World Fellowship Program began in 1946 as a project to aid women in war-torn countries. To date more than 858 women from over 117 countries have received fellowships to enable them to pursue advanced study in the United States and Canada. See the flyer >
Margaret (Peggy) Madison, Sigma is the World Fellowship Chair
From an initial award of $2,500 in 1960, based on $11,528 in contributions, the program has grown through the 2013-2014 academic year to impressive totals:
- Impacting education worldwide - 881 women in 120 countries have received awards totaling $3,193,100.00 since 1960.
- Contributions - $3,730,479.96 (through June 2013)
Contributions and bequests determine the number of World Fellowship Awards given each year by the committee. More than $48,000 has been contributed from July 1, 2013 to December 31,2013.
- Awards Given in 2013-2014 - 23 $4,000 awards, 9 $800 extensions, 1 $1,000 extensions
- Total of $100,200 to 33 women in 28 countries!
2018-2019 World Fellowship Recipient Assigned
See the booklet!
See the booklet!
- Alpha- Deniz, Akyel, Milka Nyariro
- BETA-Augustina Berchesi, Miriam Olafuyi
- GAMMA- Tipsuda Chaomuangkhong, Antonella Pappolla
- DELTA: Malena Acuna, Kriza Faya Calumba
- EPSILON- Nominchimeg Davaanyam, Juanita Esguerra
- ZETA- Maria Dugo, Milena Rosenzvit
- ETA- Xiao Fang, Mary Cavallo
- KAPPA- Shikha Gupta, Saeideh Salimpour
- Lambda- Tanjheela Jahan, Massoma Jafari, Juliana Vidal
- MU: Akuto Konou, Maria Planes
- NU: Anna Kudashkina, Nargiza Buranova
- XI: Ivette Menendez Perdomo, Shafinaz Sameen
- OMICRON: Shinjini Mondal, Mehr Asma Javed
- PI: Gugulethu Moyo, Gabriella Winowatan
- RHO: Bethanie Saint Louis, Audur Thorisdottir
- SIGMA: Quynh Nguyen, Andrea Sosa Moreno